DR ABBAS ALIAS
1979 – 2018
DEPARTMENT OF FOREST MANAGEMENT
FACULTY OF FORESTRY
UNIVERSITI PUTRA MALAYSIA (UPM)
HOMEOPATHY AND HERBAL NUITRITION PRACTITIONER
DIPLOMA IN HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINE
2000 – 2015
FOREST AND NON-WOOD PRODUCT TRADER
GAHARU AND HERB TRADER
GLOBAL ROOT RESOURCES ENTERPRISE
- Forest Management
- Park and Recreation Development
- Forest Plantation
- Forest Mensuration
- Integrated Agriculture
- Experienced Gaharu Plantation
- Gaharu Nursery and Development
- Gaharu Inoculation Advisor
DR PHIRDAOUS ABBAS
2014 – CURRENT
PhD. IN BIOTECHNOLGY ENGINEERING, IIUM
THESIS: INVESTIGATION OF ANTI-CANCER COMPOUNDS FROM NON-INFECTED AGARWOOD BRANCH TOWARDS DEVELOPMENT OF BREAST CANCER THERAPEUTICS.
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN BIOTECHNOLGY ENGINEERING, IIUM
Valedictorian Award for Best Student (CGPA: 3.999).
Thesis: Investigation of anti-cancer activity from Aquilaria subintegra against MCF-7 breast cancer cells.
BACHELOR OF BIOCHEMICAL-BIOTECHNOLOGY ENGINEERING, IIUM
Thesis: Pathway analysis and primer design of selected genes up-regulated by olive oil phenolics (ovp) treatment in colon cancer cells.
FOUNDATION IN ENGINEERING, IIUM
1. Journal of Research in Pharmacy. Shieh Ting Kan, Mohamad Syahrizal Ahmad, Saripah Salbiah Syed Abdul Azziz, Khalijah Awang, Yuhanis Mhd Bakri, Mohd Azlan Nafiah, Phirdaous Abbas,Yumi Zuhanis Has-yun Hashim. Oxoaporphine alkaloids from the barks of Platymitra siamensis Craib (Annonaceae) and their cytotoxicity against MCF-7 cancer cell line.
2. Science Heritage Journal. Phirdaous Abbas, Yumi Z. H-Y. Hashim, Hamzah Mohd. Salleh. Cytotoxic effects and response surface optimization of solvent extraction of crude extracts from Aquilaria subintegra uninfected branch
3. Nur A. A. Zainurin, Yumi Z. H-Y. Hashim, Nor F. Mohamed Azmin, Phirdaous Abbas. (2018). Agarwood Leaf Essential Oil Characterization and Effects on MCF-7 Breast Cancer Cells. Advanced Science Engineering Information Technology. 8(4-2):1604-1609.
4. Phirdaous Abbas, Yumi Z.H-Y Hashim, Hamzah Mohd Salleh (2018). Cytotoxic Effects and Response Surface Optimization of Solvent Extraction of Crude Extracts from Aquilaria Subintegra Uninfected Branch. Science Heritage Journal, 2(2):10 -15.
5. Phirdaous Abbas, Yumi Zuhanis Has-Yun Hashim, Hamzah Mohd Salleh. (2018). Uninfected agarwood branch extract possess cytotoxic and inhibitory effects on MCF-7 breast cancer cells. Journal of Research in Pharmacy (IN PRESS).
6. Hamdan T.H., Mansor A.F.M., Abbas P., Nordin A.N., and Hashim Y.Z.H-Y. (2017). Toxicity studies of natural product in VERO cells using impedance monitoring. IMEDITEC 2017. 240-243.
7. Phirdaous Abbas, Yumi Zuhanis Has-Yun Hashim, and Azura Amid. (2017). Cytokinetic Study of Uninfected Agarwood Branch Ethanolic Extract on Breast Cancer Cells. Asia-Pacific Journal of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology. 25(1):1-7.
8. Yumi Zuhanis Has-Yun Hashim, Phillip G. Kerr, Phirdaous Abbas, Hamzah Mohd Salleh. (2016). Aquilaria (spp.) as a source of health beneficial compounds: a review of traditional use, phytochemistry and pharmacology. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 189:331-360.
9. Yumi Z. H-Y. Hashim, Chris I. R. Gill, Cheryl Latimer, Nigel Ternan and Phirdaous Abbas (2016). Studies of Malaysian Plants in Prevention and Treatment of Colorectal Cancer, Colorectal Cancer – From Pathogenesis to Treatment, Prof. Luis Rodrigo (Ed.), InTech, DOI: 10.5772/62868. Available from: https://www.intechopen.com/books/colorectal-cancer-from-pathogenesis-totreatment/studies-of-malaysian-plants-in-prevention-and-treatment-of-colorectal-cancer.
10. Phirdaous Abbas, Yumi Zuhanis Has-Yun Hashim, Azura Amid, Hamzah Mohd Salleh, Parveen Jamal and Irwandi Jaswir. (2014). Anti-cancer potential of agarwood distillate. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology. (May 2014 Special Edition) 871-874.
11. Yumi Zuhanis Has-Yun Hashim, Nurul Izzah Ismail and Phirdaous Abbas. (2014). Analysis of chemical compounds of agarwood oil from different species by gas chromatography (GCMS). IIUM Engineering Journal. 15(1):55-60.
12. Yumi Zuhanis Has-Yun Hashim, Phirdaous Abbas, Azura Amid. (2014). Screening of anticancer activity from agarwood essential oil. Phcog. Res. 6(3):191-194.
- Cell Culture Technology
- Plant Extraction and Drying
- Real Time PCR
- Design of Experiment
- Cytotoxic and Cancer Study
- General Laboratory Practices